Encroachment Permits

An encroachment permit is required when proposed work is within the public right-of-way or easement. To apply for an encroachment permit, please complete the following requirements:

  • Ensure you possess a valid City of Los Altos business license
  • Complete the Encroachment Permit Application Form
  • Provide a specific plan showing the type and location of work to be completed within the right-of-way
  • Include a Traffic Control Plan if applicable
  • Provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance with an endorsement to the City of Los Altos (click here for sample and coverage requirements)

For an estimated application cost for large scale projects, you may contact the Engineering Division at (650) 947-2780.