Information Technology is responsible for providing cost effective and innovative technology leadership, supporting City departments and crafting a long term technology plan. It supports all City functions and remains ready to analyze and address emerging needs and enhancements.
Information Technology also promotes the maintenance of citywide security and standards as well as the integration of data flow critical in developing an effective management information system.
Support services include:
- 24/7 monitoring of network infrastructure and mission critical systems
- Providing for adequate safeguards and security of the City's digital information
- Management of data center, help desk, telephone, voicemail servers, and City website
- Conducting end-user training and technical support for installed software applications
- Applying technology where appropriate to automate processes and services
- Supporting the Emergency Operations Center
- Providing guidance for future technology projects through the development and execution of a long-term Information Technology Strategic Plan
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning for rapid resumption of City services